Monday, October 6, 2008

Apple Orchard

The kids and I ventured out to the apple orchard last Monday while Karl was at work. We planned to go over the weekend, but we didn't make it. Nana and Papa were able to join us too! I got to the orchard and realized that the battery on my camera was almost dead. I was so bummed, I love taking pictures at the apple orchard. Oh well, I did get a few before it completely died!! The kids really enjoyed the tractor ride. It was great to go during the week because it was not crowded at all. There was a preschool field trip there when we arrived, but they left shortly after we got there. We were really disappointed in the quality of the apples this year, especially the honeycrisp. They did mention that there was hail damage, but it looked to me more like birds had pecked them. We got a few honeycrisp and some regents. The kids ate apples while we were in the orchard. They had fun playing on the big stacks of hay and in the mini maze. We had a great time even though the apples weren't very good. I guess that I will just have to pay $2 an apple at Target for my favorite honeycrisps!!

Can you tell that she has on her apple outfit?
Evan trying to reach the apples in the top of the tree on Papa's shoulders!
Claire eating her apple. Shortly after I took this picture a bee landed on her apple and she dropped it. She cried because she couldn't finish her apple!

This is one of the two apples Evan ate while we were in the orchard. That isn't stealing is it? I love this picture!

No comments: